- Product: Rosetta
- Product Version: 4.0 and up
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
Desired Outcome Goal: Manually delete all Rosetta ingested data
Procedure: Follow procedure in attached file to achieve required goal.
- Delete ALL IEs from permanent
- IEs that are locked for editing will not be deleted, so all locked IEs, in all institutions should be unlocked (and changes either committed or rolled back) before deleting all IEs in this section
- Clean the Repository TA area (Home > Data Management > Manage Technical Issues) from all IEs, in each institution
- For each institution create a set of all data (e.g. SIP ID > 0)
- Go to Data Management > Manage Processes and create a process
- Select Delete IE
- Tag Delete Permanently
- Select the correct set that was just created
- Select Schedule once
- Follow-up to see all IEs were deleted from monitor process history
- Go to Data Management > Recycle Bin, run Delete All Permanently
- Repeat in all institutions
- Delete ALL SIPs from staging
- In each institution, go to TA workbench (Home > Submissions > Manage Issues in SIP Processing).
a. Decline all SIPS in Technical Issues (Please note, if you have SIPs in To-Permanent or Enrichment List, you would need Rosetta support help to decline those SIPs)
b. Decline all SIPS in Approval > Assessor SIPs List
c. Decline all SIPS in Approval > Arranger SIPs List
d. Decline all SIPS in Approval > to Approver SIPs List
2. Repeat in all institutions
- Delete ALL SIPs from deposit
1. For each producer agent, sign in to the Deposit module
a. For each producer, delete all SIPS (under decline and approved)
2. Repeat in all institutions, for all producer agents
- Run the following searches to identify any remaining IEs:
Data Management > Search and Manage Queries > Search (any records located are likely still locked):
Status not equal to ACTIVE
Status not equal to SUPPRESSED
Status not equal to NONE
Possible reasons IEs remain undeleted:
1. IEs cannot be deleted if it's checked out in the Web Editor
It must first be checked in before it is eligible for deletion (with any changes either committed or rolled back)
2. JDBC execution complaints during the delete process; likely related to storage
- Clean storage
1. Go to Rosetta administration > Repository > Storage Rules and Definitions
Enter each storage group, copy all Storage root directories
2. Enter in the server to each directory and validate it is empty (Please note, Rosetta folder names are numbers, please check before deleting any other types of directories!)
Some data will still be kept in the permanent index tables, which will not affect the system. If you want to clean these tables, please contact Rosetta support
NOTE: It's possible that after all steps above have been completed that additional queries may still identify undeleted IEs.
This is likely due to cached indexing.
The recommendation is to wait a few hours to see if the remaining IEs eventually disappear from the cache.
In the event that you (accidentally) deleted an institution that still has IEs in the permanent repository, do the following:
1. Connect to the Administrative module: Home > Users > User Management and locate your Staff user record in the "Staff" tab, click "Update"
2. Under User Roles, click "Add"
3. Select the "Editor - Full" role (be sure to make the role's Status "Active" before saving)
4. Save you user record with the newly added Editor - Full role (open your record again to confirm it was saved)
5. Connect to the Management Moodule (default to your active institution) then select "Preservation Consortium" from the institution selection menu in the upper right corner of the Rosetta landing page
6. Go to Data Management > Manage Sets and Processes > Sets and create a set based on the deleted institution ID (e.g. owner=CRS00.ABCTEST.ABCTEST)
7. Go to Data Management > Manage Sets and Processes > Processes, create a "Delete IE" process and link the set from step #7 (above) to it and run your "Delete IE" process
8. Go to Data Management > Advanced Tools > Recycle Bin and remove any IEs that may have been deleted but not purged.
9. Go to Data Management > Advanced Tools > Run Reports > Deleted IEs and run based on date ranges relevant to the recently deleted records to confirm their deletion
10. Save "Deleted / Purged IEs" report output as a reference
- Article last edited: 18-Aug-2015