Error retrieving pid file (apache/httpd.pid)
- Product: SFX
- Product Version: 4
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
Revision failed and the log contains the following error:
(20014)Error string not specified yet: Error retrieving pid file /exlibris/sfx_ver/sfx4_1/<instance_name>/logs/apache/httpd.pid
The httpd.pid file is empty, or does not exist, and SFX can't restart the instance apache.
The file location - /exlibris/sfx_ver/sfx4_1/<instance_name>/logs/apache/httpd.pid
- Login as the Unix instance user.
- Run the following commands:
a. ps -ef | grep httpd | grep <instance_name> (in order to find the pid number)
b. kill -HUP <pid_number> (in order to update the file)
- If you still encounter this error, you should restart the instance apache using these steps:
b. 1 Start/Stop services
c. 8 Instance Apache restart
- Article last edited: 10-Aug-2016