- Product: SFX
Via SFX you can make use of the oaDOI.org service.
This service has the potential to direct users to a free copy of an article that may otherwise be hidden, especially if it is an individual article in an institutional repository.
By using the oaDOI API, SFX checks if such a free copy is available and obtains the appropriate link to it.
The oaDOI service is provided by the ImpactStory team (https://impactstory.org/).
To enable the oaDOI service on your SFX
1. Activate the oaDOI target and its service on the target list on SFXAdmin
- Set a rule to only show the service if there is no other full text available.
There is currently a rule (display logic) set to only show the service if there is no full text from publishers (non-aggregators) available.
We strongly recommend to change this rule to only show the service if there is no full text at all available (not just aggregators).
To do this:
Go to SFXAdmin -> Menu configuration –> Display logic and change the appropriate display logic in the list
- Add your email address to the API call (the provider will use it to track usage and contact you in case there is any problem).
To do this:
1. Go to commandline of your SFX instance
2. add your email address to the configuration file
Please refer to: the SFX Target and Alma E-Collection Configuration.pdf
- Article last edited: 29-Jan-2017