This document describes different options for how CDI can be configured for customers with a Primo sandbox and a SFX test instance.
Option 1: The SFX Test Instance Is Used for Your Primo Central Sandbox PC Key Activations
- Search and full text activations for the SFX production instance are reflected in the Primo production environment.
- Search and full text activations for the SFX test instance are reflected in the Primo Sandbox environment.
- You have the option to use only the search activations from your SFX test instance and use the production SFX for publishing your full text activations to CDI. This option is useful if you want both of your Primo PC Keys (production and sandbox) to use the portfolio full-text activations in the SFX production instance, but you want to use the SFX test instance for CDI search activations and link target activations.
- For this to work, you can use the CDI export option Use production full text holdings when publishing to CDI when running or scheduling the CDI export in your SFX test instance. You need to specify the Primo production PC Key. In addition, you need to open a support case to have this option turned on for the Sandbox PC Key. Make sure that you provide the production PC key and holdings URL.
- When this option is used, full text activations are ignored in the SFX test instance and instead only the search activations and link target activations are published to CDI. For the full text holding file, the SFX production instance activations is used.
Option 2: The SFX Test Instance Is Not Used for Your Primo Central Sandbox PC Key Activations
- Search and full text activations for the SFX production instance are used in both the Primo production and sandbox environments.
- You can use one or two separate PC keys:
- If you use one PC key – make sure the CDI export is scheduled to run only from the SFX production instance.
- If you use two PC keys – make sure the PC holdings file URL for both keys point to the SFX production instance.
- The SFX test instance is not connected to CDI.