- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.3
Bug Report for Issue 16384-5745
Module(s): Voyager Acquisitions
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris (unsure about others)
Release(s) replicated in: 7.0.3, 7.0.4
Edited pop-up notes in Acquisitions Serials Check-in titles should save even if the notes field is opened by more than one user, or there should be a warning that the notes will not save.
If multiple users have a pop-up notes field active for a particular Serials Check-in title and one user edits it, the edit will not save but there is no warning message.
Workflow implications: Users believe that their notes have saved and will display, but the notes do not save.
1. Have two people open Acquisitions in the same db/version. It does not matter who opens it first.
2. Both people should open Serials Check-in, do a title search (“Journal” works well), and open the same title.
3. One should open the “notes” field and enter or edit text. The other should open the notes field, but does not have to enter text. Both should click “OK.” No warning message appears.
4. The notes field will appear to save for the person who edited it, but upon re-opening it, the text will not have saved.
- Article last edited: 3/18/2015