- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are the options for implementing on-shelf holds in Voyager?
There are two options. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- The Call Slip functionality can be used for requesting items on the shelf. It involves a fair amount of setup and configuration, and the use of a special staff “Call Slip” client for processing. There is online training available for setup, and the Call Slip client has its own manual. Once configured properly, the staff processing workflow is straightforward. Patrons need to know to select the call slip request option rather than hold or recall request options in the OPAC.
- For more information see the Call Slip online training session and Call Slip User's Guide:
- You can enable OPAC Hold Requests on items on the shelves and run a custom Access Report to identify which items need to be retrieved. Patrons use the Hold request option in WebVoyage. If in the meantime a patron tries to charge the item after the on-shelf hold has been placed, a pop-up block will appear at check-out. The processing workflow is done through the Circulation Client.
The “Allow On-shelf OPAC Holds” checkbox allows patrons in WebVoyage to place hold requests on items that have the item status of Not Charged or Discharged.
- For more information see:
- Article last edited: 25-Jun-2020