- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0 - 9.1.1
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Data change to Add MARC Field results in field appended to end of record, rather than in appropriate order within record.
Behavior is by design in Voyager 8.0.0 through Voyager 9.1.1.
Voyager 9.2.0 introduces MARC Field Ordering for Cataloging and Global Data Change (GDC), which allows sites to customize and configure MARC tag ordering when a record is saved (in Cataloging) or processed by a Data Change Job (in GDC).
Prior to Voyager 9.2.0, no field reordering was applied to records in GDC, so when new tags are added to a record by a Data Change Job, the new fields are appended to the end of the record.
More on MARC Field Ordering:
- Voyager 9.2.0 Release Notes
- What do Sort by $w, RDA Sorting and Name before Name/title do?
- "Could not retrieve field order configurations" when open Cataloging after upgrade to 9.2.0
- Article last edited: 10-May-2016