- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: Voyager 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
For some search indexes (for example, "Corporate Name"), WebVoyage truncates the search string from the Advanced Search in the displays for search results and on the "My Saved Searches" screen.
For example, you'll see this truncated (or partial) search string when doing an Advanced Search using the "Corporate Name" search index:
AND Subject(forest reserves)(TYPE=am)(LOCA=Government Documents)(DATE=2010-2018)
Instead of this full search string when doing an Advanced Search using the "Author Name" search index:
Author Name(united states forest service) AND Subject(forest reserves)(TYPE=am)(LOCA=Government Documents)(DATE=2010-2018)
Issue VYG-7593 is currently in Development
- In SYSADMIN activate the 110A "Corporate Name" search index by unchecking "OPAC Suppress" checkbox
- Open WebVoyage and click on the Advanced Search tab.
- For first search term enter "united states" and "all of these" within Corporate Name
- For second search term enter "lighthouses" and "any of these" within Subject
- For their search term select "Main Collection" for Location
- Click submit and view results
- Note search string below "Titles" will show: "AND Subject(lighthouses)(LOCA=Main Collection)
- Login and Save Search. Search string will be similarly truncated.
- View browser Inspect Element and search string will be similarly truncated
- Edit Search and Rerun Search are okay – not truncated.
This defect only impacts the display of the search string. You can re-run the search and also edit the search in WebVoyage and those functions work as expected.
- Article last edited: 15-Jul-2019