- Product: Voyager
Narrowing an advanced search by adding a search argument using the AND operator does not reduce the number of hits
The first argument contains the word "and"
Issue VYG-5891 is resolved in Voyager 9.1 and higher
1. Conduct and Advanced Search using a first argument that contains a boolean word e.g.(fish and wildlife service) that will produce a limited number of hits Note the number of hits generated.
2. Conduct a second search using the same first argument and any number of additional arguments combined, selecting AND from the dropdown to combine the arguments. Note the second search produces the same number of hits.
3. Conduct a third search using the same arguments, but remove the boolean word from the first argument e.g. (fish wildlife service)
4. Note the change in the number of hits.
5. Conduct a final search eliminating the additional arguments. Note this number of hits.
- Article last edited: 04-Nov-2014