BULK: POs with Funds that allow Over Commit cannot be approved on import
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
Bug Report for Issue 16384-18833
Modules Bulkimport, Acquisitions, SysAdmin
Release replicated in: 8.1.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): n/a
Expected results: If a fund has “Over Commit Allowed” checked you would be able to approve PO line items that use that fund on import.
Actual results: Purchase orders are not approved if “Over Commit Allowed” is checked for the fund.
Line items will not be approved regardless of whether the fund balance is sufficient even without the Over Commit allowance.
Workflow implications: Purchase orders cannot be approved on bulk import if they have line items that use funds that allow overcommitment.
1. In SysAdmin, create a bulk import rule that will create purchase orders. Set the default fund code to use a fund that has “Over Commit Allowed” checked and a balance great enough to cover the price of the item. (Price will be in 948 $p, or specify default price that falls within fund's current balance)
2. Import the attached record.
3. Check the log. Note that something like the following is logged:
Failed in auto approving po.
Fund over commit, no approval of PO for line item Id: 2601
4. Look at the PO in Acquisitions. Note that it has a status of Pending. You are able to manually Approve the PO and the client does not warn about a fund overcommitment (there isn’t any) and allows the approval to succeed.
Workaround: Either manually approve POs or disable the Over Commit allowance for the fund during bulk import (will have to manually reset this afterward).
Fixed in bulkimport for 8.2.0.
- Article last edited: 3/2/2015