- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
* Cataloging ?freezes? when you attempt to create an authority from the Authority Validation screen from a bib record with vernacular data.
This behavior is the result of Issue 16384-21345.
Fixed in Voyager 8.2.0.
If you are on Voyager 8.2.0 and believe you are experiencing this issue, open a Support Incident and reference Issue 16384-21345. If you are using Voyager 8.2.0 client build 1906, you have the fix for this issue.
1. In Cataloging, ensure Options > Preferences > Validation > Bypass Authority Control Validation is NOT checked.
2. Import attached record (or find bib with paired 880 fields).
3. Click Save to DB.
4. Highlight one of the headings in the Authority Validation window.
5. Click ?Create Auth? button.
6. Cataloging appears to be trying to create authority record and eventually stops responding.
7. Must close from Task Manager.
Workaround: Create authority record manually (New > Authority).
Only impacts clients using AuthorityCreation2008.20.dll, file version 184.108.40.206
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013