- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
- Unable to delete bib record
- On attempt, receive message: "Unable to delete bibliographic record. E-Items must be deleted first."
Bib record still has mfhd, e-items attached.
- Open Circulation client & click Reserve
- Find Reserve list that contains e-item linked to bib you wish to delete1
- Open Reserve list & click E-Items tab
- Delete the e-item.
- In Cataloging, delete mfhd record(s) and bib.
If the original reserve list no longer exists, see How to delete e-item when associated reserve list has been deleted?
1The following Prepackaged Reports Access query prompts for a bibliographic record ID, and then identifies the e-item ID and reserve list to which the e-item is linked. So it can help identify which reserve list an e-item is linked to so that you can delete it.
SELECT BIB_TEXT.BIB_ID, EITEM.EITEM_ID, EITEM.MFHD_ID, BIB_TEXT.TITLE_BRIEF, RESERVE_LIST.LIST_TITLE AS [Reserve List Name] FROM ((EITEM INNER JOIN (BIB_MFHD INNER JOIN BIB_TEXT ON BIB_MFHD.BIB_ID = BIB_TEXT.BIB_ID) ON EITEM.MFHD_ID = BIB_MFHD.MFHD_ID) INNER JOIN RESERVE_LIST_EITEMS ON EITEM.EITEM_ID = RESERVE_LIST_EITEMS.EITEM_ID) LEFT JOIN RESERVE_LIST ON RESERVE_LIST_EITEMS.RESERVE_LIST_ID = RESERVE_LIST.RESERVE_LIST_ID WHERE (((BIB_TEXT.BIB_ID)=[Enter bib ID:]));
Constructing custom SQL queries by request and troubleshooting unexpected results from customer-created SQL queries falls outside the scope of Support. The above has been posted for informational purposes. Voyager-L and Developer Network are useful resources for finding helpful custom SQL or obtaining assistance from peers in troubleshooting custom queries.
- Article last edited: 20-Sep-2020