CIRC:Short loan on overdue items.
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 6.5.2
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-9025
Module(s): Circulation, WebVoyage
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris
Release(s) replicated in: 7.1.0, 7.1.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): 6.5.1
Short loans should on overdue items should be allowed or blocked consistently.
Short loans on past due items are blocked until circjob 2 is run and the overdue status is applied, at which point short loan requests are allowed.
1. Charge out a short loan item and allow it to go past due, but do not run circjob 2 or circjob 12.
2. Try to place a short loan request on the item for a different patron.
3. Receive error: “The short loan has been blocked for the following reasons. The item is unavailable.” In WebVoyage, patrons receive “No items are available for Short Loan” error.
1. Charge out a short loan item and allow it to go past due.
2. Run circjob 12 or circjob 2 in order to apply the overdue status to the item.
3. Try to place a short loan request on the item for a different patron.
4. Receive confirmation message: “Short loan request placed.”
Other information: As part of the fix for Issue 18451 in Voyager 6.5.2, it was decided that Short Loan requests should be blocked on overdue items. There are also a number of enhancement requests open asking the opposite.
Fixed for Voyager 8.0.0.
- Article last edited: 3/23/2015