- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.0
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-17025
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): N/A
Release(s) replicated in: 7.2.0, 8.1.0
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
Expected results: Fines/fees collected from Self-Check machines should display alongside all other operators in the Global Circulation Statistics Report.
Actual results: Fines/fees collected from a Self-Check machine will not display in the totals under the Global Circulation Statistics Report.
Fines/Fees missing from the Global Circulation Statistics Report will have a payment type of 10, or “E-Kiosk”
Workflow implications: Customers who use Self-Check will not be able to determine how much in fines/fees is collected by a self-check machine. The Global Circulation Statistics Report will not be accurate.
1. Log into Circulation and be sure to remember the operator you’ve logged in as
2. Choose any patron and add an “overdue” fine to his/her account
3. In the same window showing all fines/fees, “Post” a payment (method, posting type and “post against” do not matter) to this account
4. SSH to the server and ensure that no crcrprts.XXX.inp file exists (XXX=Print Location). If one does, run Reporter and fully process this file
5. Run circjob –j25. You’ll be asked to provide a start and end date. Choose one day before today for the start date, and tomorrow as the end date.
6. When completed, Go to “/m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt/” on the server and look at the “crcrprts.XXX.inp” file created. Next to the operator specified in step 1, you’ll see a positive dollar amount at the end of the line. E.g. 08|97.2|12/04/2011 - 12/06/2011|CIRC|demo|1|0|1|25.00 (for a $25 payment)
7. Archive the file from step 6 and rename it something else: “mv crcrprts.XXX.inp crcrprts.XXX.inp.orig
8. Using the Self-Check machine, post a payment against the patron in step 2
9. Repeat steps 5 and 6. This time, when you look at the inp file, you won’t see any information about the self-check operator and the fee that was collected
Fixed in Voyager 8.1.2
- Article last edited: 3/23/2015