Creation of BBID Keyword Definition in Voyager SYSADMIN causes BBID matching in Bulk Import and Global Data Change to fail
- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Creating a Keyword Definition for BBID (Bibliographic Record ID, BIB_ID) in SysAdmin that points to the 001 subfield "a" causes data change jobs in GDC to create a new record instead of replace existing record without providing any information on why; it also causes Bulk Import jobs with dup as BBID to create a new record instead of Replace without providing any information on why.
VYG-7756 is currently in Development.
- In SYSADMIN create a keyword definition that uses 001a as the field and subfield
- In GDC run a simple data change job on one record.
- Note that GDC log and record views seem to indicate job ran correctly. Note in import log that the record was ADDED and not REPLACED. In the cataloging client the newly created record has no Owning Library.
- In Bulk Import use a BBID duplicate detection profile to run a Replace Import Rule. Note in the import log the record was added and not replaced.
Do not create a Keyword Definition using the 001 subfield "a" (or any other 1-character subfield)
- Article last edited: 30-Oct-2020