- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
* Circulation calendar has closed exception dates from December 19 to January 6
* Patron records expire December 23.
* Items charged to patrons truncate due date to December 23, but library is closed.
If the patron expiration precedes the calculated due date, the due date is truncated to the patron expiration.
Option A: Add a Fixed Due Date
1. Open System Administration > Circulation > Calendars.
2. Choose calendar for circ policy in question.
3. Add Fixed Due Date for last open date in calendar before exception dates in Hours > Fixed Due Date.
4. Click Save.
Option B: Update patron records to expire on last open date
1. Open Circulation > Patron
2. Find patron with expiration date during closed period.
3. Set Expire Date to last open date in calendar in Patron > Edit Patron > Name > Expire Date.
4. Click Save.
OR use Patron Update to bulk update patron expiration dates.
Option C: Manually set due date
1. Charge an item to a patron with expiration date during closed exception period.
2. Dialog box opens: "Loan period shortened to patron's expiration date (<date>). Would you like to proceed?"
3. Click OK.
4. Right-click on charged item.
5. Choose "Modify due date ..."
6. Enter open date prior to patron's expiration date.
7. Click OK.
System Administration User's Guide, "Circulation Calendars" section Technical User's Guide, "Patron Extract", "Patron Update" and "Patron SIF" chapters
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013