- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
* When operator logs into Global Data Change (GDC), receives message: "Operator is not authorized for Global Data Change functions"
Operator does not belong to a Global Data Change security profile.
1. In System Administration > Security > Global Data Change Profiles, select (highlight > Edit) or create (New) a security profile for the operator.
2. In the profile > Operator tab, find the operator in the Available Operators column and click to highlight.
3. Click the single left arrow (>) button to move the operator to the Selected Operators column.
4. Save. Operator should now have permissions for any locations and functions enabled in the security profile.
If you are using GDC for the first time, no GDC security profiles are created by default. You will need to determine which permissions to give to operators, create the profiles in System Administration, and add operators to the GDC security profiles before proceeding.
Category: Global data change (GDC)
- Article last edited: 5/29/2014