- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.1
How does the maximum fines limit in Circulation work?
A patron is blocked from attempting to charge, renew or request an item when their current outstanding fine/fee balance surpasses the maximum fines limit.
Maximum fines limit is controlled by "Max Outstanding Balance" setting in System Administration:
1. Go to System Administration > Circulation > Policy Definitions
2. Choose appropriate policy definition
3. Click "Edit" button
4. Go to the Patrons tab
5. Choose appropriate patron group
6. Click "Rules..." button
7. Patron Rules window opens
8. Set maximum fines limit by entering monetary amount in "Max Outstanding Balance" counter
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013