- Product: Voyager
How to set up serials check-in in Acquisitions?
To set up a new serials check in record/component
1. Create PO, with PO type of Continuation.
2. Add appropriate line item, along with price (if applicable), copies/funds. Line Item type should be Subscription.
3. Go to the Detailed Line Item view
4. Go to the Type tab
5. Click on Subscription Pattern
6. Click New to create the new component; give the component a check-in title (line item title will populate this field by default, but it can be edited), add the appropriate category (Basic, Supplementary or Index), add Note, Create Items, Default Item Type, Don't Claim or Claim Interval as needed, and Save
To continue with a Predictive Component Pattern:
7. Click on the Predictive Component Pattern tab
8. Select an appropriate pattern (i.e. Monthly--v.,no.,yr.,mo.) and click Start Prediction
9. Fill in the appropriate values in the Start Prediction grid (i.e. 1 for v., 12 for no., 2021 for Year, Dec. for Months), select the day of the month the issue is typically expected (i.e. 5) and then the First Issue's Expected Date (i.e. Dec. 5th 2021)
10. Click OK
11. Now when you click the dropdown in the Issue field, you'll see a list of predicted issues based on the criteria you supplied; from here you can add/change/remove issues, or close the pattern if you'd like to try again
To continue with a Non-Predictive Component Pattern:
7. Click on the Non-Predictive Component Pattern tab
8. Click Add Issue
9. Enter the Enum/Chron and the Expected Date for the expected issue
10. Click Add Issue again
11. This issue now displays in the dropdown in the Issue field; if you know the enum/chron of other issues that will be coming, you can add those individually at any time. You can also add change or remove existing issues, or click Start Prediction to move to a Predictive Component Pattern if this periodical has changed to a consistent publication schedule
To check in an existing title or new serial after set up
- Click the Serials Check-In and enter your check-in title.
- Choose component from search results
- Highlight issue received and click Check-In.
- Voyager Serials Check-in Tips
- Overview of setting up purchase orders and check-in records for periodicals in Voyager
- Article last edited: 22-Nov-2021