- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
How to automate Voyager logs management?
Run "man logrotate" or google logrotate to get more information on command. See attached sample configuration file - logrotate.conf.
- SSH to server as root.
- Run logrotate manually in test mode:
logrotate -dv /etc/logrotate.confIt produces output describing what logrotate would do, without actually doing it.
- Add new section to /etc/logrotate.conf based on requirement. See sample file for reference.
- Verify changes by running:
logrotate -dv logrotate.conf
- Article last edited: 19-Oct-2015