- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Why are changes I made to my Global Data Change (GDC) data change rule consequences not showing up in Preview?
Make sure that you have saved changes to the rule. Remember that you have to save changes at two levels: first the rule itself (the actual conditions and consequences), then the rule set (the container for the rule(s)).
Errors that Preview can identify for rules are displayed in the upper-left corner of the window.
It can be useful to work incrementally when designing GDC rule sets (e.g., follow an incremental workflow like the following):
- Define the simplest condition possible, which if your record set is well-defined can often be just a generic "record has 001", or "record has the xxx field that I plan to change."
- Add one consequence (plus the default disposition=Changed consequence)
- Save (twice!)
- Then add another consequence (adjusting the sequence as needed)
- Article last edited: 04-Nov-2019