MS:Equipment item with charged status not linked to a booking
- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* When a booking is edited, but not saved, it results in equipment having a charged status without being linked to a booking.
Issue 16384-6017 / VYG-270 is resolved for Voyager 8.1.2 and higher.
1. Create booking for equipment type (not a specific piece of equipment)
2. Media > Day View > Highlight booking > Edit > Equipment Tab
3. Expand > Media Equipment > Equipment and Equipment Group Types > Highlight equipment type from step 1
4. Click Remove
5. Next to In-Room and Specific Equipment, Click Add
6. Select a specific Piece of equipment and add it to the request. OR,enter barcode and click Add by Barcode.
7. DO NOT CLICK SAVE
9. Receive Generic Assignment window
10. You will see a different piece of equipment was assigned to the booking
11. Click OK
12. Receive Message: 'Booking charged successfully!'
13. Click OK
14. Close booking.
15. Receive Message: 'Changes will be lost! Do you wish to Save this Booking before closing?'
16. Click Yes
17. Booking is now for Equipment you set in step 6. (Barcode 4006 used in this example)
18. Open the equipment selected by the system in 9-10
19. Status for equipment selected by the system for Generic Assignment has a status of Charged, but no associated bookings.
a. To prevent above from happening, click Save and Close after step 6. Then, you can charge the booking to the patron and no other generic assignments should come up.
b. To remove Charged Status from item selected for Generic Assignment by the system:Create a new booking for the item, charge it out, and discharge it. The status should be reset to Not Charged.
Category: Voy Media Scheduling
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013