- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
- Attempt to preview change results in "Failed to retrieve preview records."
- Running GDC data change job logs the following:
2016-06-23 10:41:03,563 913335 [main] ERROR com.exlibris.voyager.jobd.JobExecutor - Job Failed to run properly:
javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.exlibris.voyager.model.Library with id 0
A location in the database does not have an Owning Library assigned.
- Identify the location missing the owning library. Two options:
- System Administration > System > Locations > scroll through list and see which location(s) are blank in Owning Library column.
- Query database for locations where library_id is 0:
select * from location where library_id=0;
- System Administration System > Locations > highlight location with blank Owning Library
- Click Edit
- Select an Owning Library from the Owning Library drop-down.
- Click Save.
Having a location that does not have an Owning Library assigned can have significant negative consequences in Global Data Change even though you're not using that location in your Preview or Data Change job.
Owning Library is a required field. Locations that are missing a value for this field are uncommon; when encountered, they typically are locations that were created long ago (that is, once resolved, this is not an ongoing issue).
- Article last edited: 31-Oct-2020