- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
* Two records with same ISSN in WebVoyage: same serial but title changed.
* Newer record correctly links to older record in Related Bibs section in WebVoyage.
* Older record, however, links to itself rather than the newer record.
ISSN is not in the subfield defined in the Bibliographic Record Linking profile.
1. Look at both record in Cataloging.
2. Note newer record contains ISSN in 022 subfield y.
3. Open System Administration > Search > Bibliographic Record Linking > ISSNPREC > Field Definitions.
4. Note that profile is set to match 785 subfield x in source record to 022 subfield a in target record.
a. Edit bibliographic record in Cataloging so 022 subfield a contains matching ISSN.
b. Edit Bibliographic Record Linking profile in System Administration so profile will find a match. Note this solution will impact all record linking that uses this profile.
System Administration User's Guide (link requires login): Table 8-1: "Bib Linking Profile Decision Table"
Category: System Admin
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013