- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
- Two records with same ISSN in WebVoyage: same serial but title changed.
- Newer record correctly links to older record in Related Bibs section in WebVoyage.
- Older record, however, links to itself rather than the newer record.
ISSN is not in the subfield defined in the Bibliographic Record Linking profile.
- Look at both record in Cataloging.
- Note newer record contains ISSN in 022 subfield y.
- Open System Administration > Search > Bibliographic Record Linking > ISSNPREC > Field Definitions.
- Note that profile is set to match 785 subfield x in source record to 022 subfield a in target record.
- To resolve:
- Edit bibliographic record in Cataloging so 022 subfield a contains matching ISSN; OR
- Edit Bibliographic Record Linking profile in System Administration so profile will find a match. Note this solution will impact all record linking that uses this profile.
System Administration User's Guide Table 8-1: "Bib Linking Profile Decision Table"
- Article last edited: 17-May-2018