Search hot link will not handle searches with plus signs
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.0
Date: January 5, 2010
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): All Supported Browsers
Release(s) replicated in: 7.x.x
Redirect searches will normalize all special characters when passing a URL to the browser, thus allowing the use of characters like +
Redirect searches do not normalize special characters.
Workflow implications: Redirect searches do not work in all cases, and will yield unexpected results when special characters are included.
1. Create a new record with a MARC 600 field containing a subfield a with “C++” (no quotes)
2. Load the OPAC and run a GKEY search for C++
3. The record created in step 1 should appear in the search results, click on it and view it in the record display page.
4. On the record display page, click on the subject redirect for C++
5. An SUBJ search will be run, but the OPAC will show “C” as the search term. If you inspect the URL generated at this point, the searchArg variable equals “C++” when it should be “C%2B%2B”
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015