- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
How to configure XService (vxws) to allow discovery layer to make API calls
If using Tomcat WebVoyage, XService (vxws) is already configured & running.
- If restricted to localhost, add any other IPs that will be communicating with XService
- If not already running Tomcat service for WebVoyage, see "How to configure Apache - add Tomcat and/or remove Classic" to configure Apache to run Tomcat service.
- Ensure local firewall(s) will allow connections to XService port (XX14) from requesting IPs.
- Ensure correct IPs and ports configured in System Administration > Search > Database Definitions > LOCAL for vxws, OPAC and Circ.
- When configuration complete, test vxws by making a simple API call from browser:
- IP = address of your Voyager server
- vxws port = port vxws runs on (typically XX14 - if xxxdb port series is 7000, then 7014)
- bib_id = a bibliographic record ID for a bib record in xxxdb
See "WebVoyage: How to limit external access to the vxws web services"
See also Developers Network > Voyager > APIs for more information on APIs
- Article last edited: 10-Oct-2014