- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
- Recently upgraded & trying to use AutoUpdate
- Updated voyager.ini file's [Upgrade] stanza for AutoUpdate
- Attempt to update clients results in "There are no files=strings!"
One or more of the following:
- [Upgrade] stanza entries missing ending slash.
- update.txt missing on server
- Default password for "clients" user has been changed on server, and does not match password in [Upgrade] stanza.
- Open voyager.ini file on PC for editing.
- Locate the [Upgrade] stanza.
- Edit the Voyager= and Media= entries so they end with a slash. Example:
Voyager=http://<user>:<pass>@<server IP or hostname>:7099/autoupdate/voyager/
- Save the file.
- Launch client to trigger AutoUpdate.
- Log on to server as voyager user.
- Ensure update.txt is in /m1/voyager/clients/autoupdate/voyager
- Ensure update.txt begins with
<list of files & relative paths for update>
See Voyager Technical User's Guide for more on AutoUpdate.
With increased security of Windows systems, AutoUpdate has become increasingly problematic to implement and support. In some environments it no longer works. Support recommends you consider different options/methods for installing new clients.
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013