- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
If line in file of record IDs does not end with \n ("carriage return" in Windows; "line feed" or "newline" in unix) the line will not be processed by Bulk Export but no error will be generated.
Issue VYG-7531 is currently in Development.
- on your PC create using Notepad a file with a single BIB ID at the top (like 1000) and do not hit carriage return at the end. Just save it as it is.
- upload that file as part of a WebAdmin MARC Export job that uses BIB ID.
- note log file will say job ran successfully but 0 records were exported. export file will be 0 bytes.
Example of log:
[VGER] voyager@xxxxxxxxx : rpt/ $ more log.exp.20200922.1203
Record Type: BIB
Export Mode: MARC ID Input File
Export Target: /m1/voyager/tmp/cgipost-3bb812023c26cf62acc7fa2eb121d9b9-25066.tmp
Output File Name: /m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt/marc.exp.20200922.1203
Tue Sep 22 12:03:33 2020 EXPORTING...
Tue Sep 22 12:03:33 2020 ...COMPLETED
Records written to Output File: 0
[VGER] voyager@xxxxxxxx : rpt/ $
Make sure in your files that your last line has a carriage return in notepad or whatever software you use to create it.
- Article last edited: 22-Sept-2020