- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What fields are mandatory in the Voyager bibliographic, holdings and authority records?
- The bibliographic record's 245 field is set as mandatory in the MARC tag tables (Master.cfg)
- The holdings record's 852 b is set as mandatory in the MARC tag tables (Master.cfg)
- The authority record's 1XX is set as mandatory in the MARC tag tables (Master.cfg)
Leaving these mandatory fields out of your record will generate errors as long as you are not bypassing MARC validation (in Session Defaults and Preferences) or entering an empty tag in the record before trying to save it.
If you bypass MARC validation, Voyager will save the record without the missing mandatory fields.
- Article last edited: 15-Sept-2019