- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
* Basic search loses limits after unsuccessful search, returning using Edit Search
This behavior is caused by Known Issue 16384-18625.
Issue 16384-18625 is fixed in WebVoyage for Voyager 8.2.0 and above.
1. In webvoyage.properties, add a location limit in the Limit To section.
2. On the WebVoyage Basic Search page, choose the limit you created
3. Enter a search term that will return no results (for testing purposes, zzzzaaaa should work).
4. Search will return a message indicating there were no hits.
5. Note the search term is retained, but the limit reverts to first limit in drop-down.
6. If you search for a term that DOES return hits, and then click on Edit Search, again, the location limit is not retained.
Other information: This does not affect the Advanced Search page. This problem does not appear to impact any other type of limit ? only location limits.
Workaround: Reselect limit if a search returns no hits.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013