- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are the typical steps that occur in a migration when Voyager copy/install (migration) is done by Ex Libris?
Once schedule is confirmed
Provision an environment compliant with the requirements for the Voyager version that will be installed/upgrade in the new environment.
See Installation and Upgrade Requirements.pdf for your version under Voyager > Implementation Guides > [version]
10 business days prior to migration start
Engineer connects to server, runs pre-checks
Day of migration
- Around 9-10 am Chicago time**, Ex Libris engineer connects to target server and downloads latest version of VIK.
- Source server databases are set to read-only mode. Offline charge is available at this time.
- Voyager files, third party software files, voyager and oracle home directories copied from Source to Target server.
- Databases exported and transferred to Target server.
- Target server configured for Voyager environment.
- Third party software (apache, tomcat, perl, etc) and Oracle installed on Target server.
- Exported database files imported to Target server.
- Voyager software installed and configured.
- A full index regen is started on server and may take a few hours.
- After regens are complete, post-install steps (copy crontab, password hashes, etc.) are completed and test queries are run.
- Any errors returned by test queries are resolved.
- Customer is notified and can begin testing after successful test queries.
** Work initiated from a different time zone may begin earlier or later. Verify with your engineer prior to the start of work.
- Article last edited: 30-May-2017