- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are the typical steps that occur for upgrade when Voyager upgrade is done by Ex Libris?
10 business days prior to upgrade start
Engineer connects to server, runs pre-checks
Day of upgrade
The time needed to perform an upgraded depends on the size of the database(s), the hardware, and other variables. Typically we allot two days for upgrades.
Start time may vary depending on which different time zone work is initiated from. Verify with your engineer prior to the start of work.
- Please remember that for locally hosted servers, the customer must confirm the existence of a good full, cold, verified backup prior to the engineer starting the upgrade.
- At the start of the first day of the upgrade, Ex Libris engineer connects to target server and downloads latest version of VIK.
- Voyager is unavailable once the upgrade begins.
- Time of the start depends on which Ex Libris office the upgrade is being performed from. Upgrade starts at beginning of that office's day on the scheduled date.
- Third party software (apache, tomcat, perl, etc) is installed/upgraded.
- Oracle is installed/upgraded.
- Voyager software is upgraded.
- A full index regen is started on server and may take a few hours.
- After regens are complete, post-install steps and test queries are run.
- Any errors returned by test queries are resolved.
- Customer is notified and can begin testing after successful test queries.