The content menu on the left side of Creative Studio displays the available content for editing.
Use the search field to filter the content pages. This can be useful when you have several hundred content pages, and some of the content pages may be located under sub-menus.
Select expand / collapse to open (or close) all content menus and sub-menus. Expand displays all available content pages.
Content Menu Areas
Use the drop-down above the search field to select a content menu area. The menu is divided into three areas.
- Menu Options - Static content services that may appear in the main area of the app. You can add new services using this user interface. Use this interface to design the look and feel of the service's contents when it is opened by the end-user (when the end-user selects the service's tile). After you are done, use the App Builder to control how and when the service's tile appears in the app for specific devices and classes of users (see Configuring Services).
Top level nodes in the menu are menu nodes. If there are no sub-nodes, the static content service behaves exactly like a basic service: if a redirect is configured for the service, then when the end-user selects the tile in the app, the target link is opened. The same thing happens if there is a single sub-node that is a redirect.
Otherwise, if there is a single sub-node with static content, then when the end-user selects the tile in the app, the contents that you create on this page opens. If there is more than one sub-node, then when the end-user selects the tile in the app, the app displays a menu with the sub-nodes as menu options. When the end-user selects one of the menu options, the app opens the sub-node (either another menu, the content of the node, or a redirect).
- About - Static content that appears when the end-user selects About (or the device-specific equivalent option) in the app. These nodes are used when configuring a profile (see Managing Profiles). You can add new About pages using this user interface.
Top level nodes in the About area are either menu nodes or section nodes. The About menu option functions as a menu node (that cannot be deleted, of course).
- Intro to App - Static content used in other areas of the app, such as a splash screen. These nodes are used when configuring a profile (see Managing Profiles).
Top level nodes in the Intro to App Section area are iPad Intro, iPhone Intro, and Android Intro. These nodes cannot be deleted.
Content Menu Node Types
The different types of menu nodes are identified by their symbols:
- Top Level Menu nodes – Services (also known as tiles, pocket guides, or menu options) created in the App Builder. Each menu can contain sub-menus, pages, or redirect nodes.
- Sub-Menu nodes – Similar to menu nodes, these can contain additional sub-menus, pages, or redirect nodes.
- Pages – Content and information pages.
- Redirect – Redirects that open another service or external URL when selected by the end-user.