E-payment via Aleph SIP2 Server
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* while setting up the payment functionality with Aleph using SIP2 server the following questions came up
- In order to use e-payment, which configuration is correct: tpl_extensions= N or Y
- Is partial payment supported in Aleph?
- Can you give me examples for communication between a SC machine and SIP2 server where cash transactions are paid?
You may set tpl_extension = Y if the SC-machine you have supports the non-standard SIP2-fields BZ, EK, EI, EA, ER, EB, ET, EC, EN, EV and EF.
For more information see section "2.1.1 Key to Operative Definitions", switch tpl_extensions in "How to Set Up a SIP2 Server for Self-Check Systems - 20.pdf".
- If using tpl_extensions = Y, the SC-machine has to send a pair of fields BZ and EK per cash transaction that should be paid.
- If your SC-machine is only supporting standard SIP-fields for E-Payment you need to define tpl_extensions = N.
Please ask the vendor of your SC machine if in doubt which fields are supported by the machine.
- Only with tpl_extensions = Y partial payment is supported. If you have tpl_extensions = N, only full payment is supported.
Note that tpl_extension must be set in [SIP]-section of ./xxx50/tab/tab_sip2.conf.
See attachment for sample communication.
"Credit-card payment by patrons in Aleph" ( https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/...trons_in_Aleph ) is a comprehensive, more up-to-date article covering this topic.
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Self check (500)
- Article last edited: 12/9/2013