- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
Desired Outcome Goal:
In a multi-ADM set-up, remove one or more of the ADM libraries from Aleph.
[Note: This is a rather complicated procedure. The site may want to contract with Ex Libris Professional Services to do this.]
1. Run the item-11 ("Delete Item Records") service. See the article " How to run p_item_11 item deletion for particular sublibraries *MASTER RECORD* "). Be sure to review the four Articles in the "Additional Information" section.
2. Run the manage-92 ("Removing an ADM library") service. (manage-92 is in the Circ Services menu, but not the Cataloging Services.) There is extensive Help describing its functionality: "This service removes an ADM library from a library consortium. This includes the extraction and deletion of the removed ADM library's data. The extracted records are saved in files with a name such as zxxx.seqaa."
There is overlap between this service and the item-11 in #1 above. We recommend running item-11 first, followed by manage-92.
3. Consult the article " Preventing access by staff and patrons of ADM library to be removed ", having to do with deletion/preservation of patron records shared by multiple ADM libraries.
See also Article " Removing Aleph libraries (and sublibraries) "
- Article last edited: 28-Mar-2017