When loading student information files there are errors such as: "Mandatory field is missing: email type." This occurs when testing version 2 for SIS loader (Student Information Systems, User Integration Profile).
On the Alma side:
For Version 1 of the SIS input file, required fields are configured in: Configuration > User Management > Mandatory Fields. Note however that for Version 2 of the SIS input file, hard-coded Mandatory Fields have priority, as explained in the Development Network.
For the SIS input file:
- Verify each mandatory field exists in the SIS file (minOccurs="1"), as listed in https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com.../rest_user.xsd
- Verify all existing fields contain valid data
- Field name in error message appears after colon (: email type). "Email type" field is missing data in at least one user record in the file.
- Provide a global default for mandatory fields which will be replaced by real data if it exists. Email type can have a set value. Consider using values which could be queried from Analytics for variable data fields. example: phone 555-555-5555., email email@example.com, address line 1: not my real address
- XSD fields which are optional and unused in your system may be left out of the SIS file. Examples might include job description, pin_number, web_site_url.
Verify minimum and maximum number of occurrences defined for 'missing' data element: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com.../rest_user.xsd
For example if the values are: minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" field is optional but may not be repeated in the file for any given user
See Developer's Network: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com...management/sis for additional details
- Article last edited: 13-JAN-2022