- Product: Alma
How to create a Work Order which can be processed at the Circulation Desk (e.g. enabling students to process binding items)?
Set Up the Work Order:
- Be at the Institution or Library Level. Note that if the Institution has one operational library (besides the Resource Sharing Library) - it is best to add the Work Order on the Library level.
- In: Configuration > General > Work Order Types
- Add Work Order Type > Fill the menu; decide here if the Work Order will recall loans
- In (...) Actions - Manage Statuses. Add any status (work order stage) such as Binding, Repair, Restoration.
- Because of the next step, it is not needed to add a Department.
Link the Work Order to the Circulation Desk:
- Configuration > select the Library level
- Fulfillment > Circulation Desks
- Edit > in Work Order Types (tab) > add the Work Order Type.
Click here for documentation about "Managing Requests and Work Orders".
Read here regarding "Configuring Work Orders and Departments".
Online Help on "Configuring Work Orders and Departments" - clickable here.
Click here for a recent movie for the new UI.
- Article last edited: 26-FEB-2020