- Product: Alma
How to produce an EDI POL sample file (e.g. to send to a vendor during setup)?
An EDI order / POL file is created by setting up the vendor for EDI ordering, adding an order (POL), and sending it.
More in detail:
1. In the Vendor "EDI Information" tab find the section for "Vendor EDI Attributes" and click: Outgoing - POs.
2. On the same page, configure S/FTP Connection. Click "Test FTP" to ensure connection.
3. Create an order (PO Line) as you typically would for this vendor (e.g. Print Book - One Time).
To the best of support team's knowledge, the Acquisition Type should be: Purchase.
4. Click on the POL: "Save and Continue".
5. In the Vendor "EDI Information" tab > Job Scheduling" node, click: "Run Now".
The POL file should appear now on the FTP server.
All aspects for "Configuring EDI for a Vendor" are explained in the Online Help, click here.
All technical aspects for "EDI Integration with Alma" are explained in the Developers Network, click here.
- Article last edited: 19-JAN-2018