- Product: Alma
How to control when records are published to OCLC? For example, how to exclude brief bib records loaded via the acquisitions processes?
It is possible to control when the Management Tag > Export to WorldCat is added to the bibliographic record. Ensure it is added only at the final stage of cataloging.
1. In any of the Import Profiles (Repository, New Order, Import Profile), check the Set Management Tags tab, and select the preferred "Synchronize with OCLC" option.
2. When setting up the "OCLC Client / OCLC Connexion" Integration Profile, or the New Order API, select the preferred "Synchronize with External Catalog?" option.
3. For cataloging in the Metadata Editor or External Search Resources - configure the process "MmsTagSyncExternal" in the Normalization Rule (e.g. for: Marc21 Bib normalize on save, also referred to as: "Marc21 Bib validation on save").
4. From the documentation:
The Publish Bibliographic Record value for the publish to external catalog (OCLC) management tag is the default value in the following scenarios:
- MD Editor (new bibliographic record and copy cataloging)
- Quick cataloging (new item, new portfolio, and Fulfillment citation)
- Order a bibliographic record from the Community Zone
- Simple view - copy to catalog / link
Note: Support is investigating whether the Normalization Rule applies in the Metadata Editor; Also checking the effect of "Update Inventory" import profile on publishing to OCLC.