- Product: Alma
Trying to delete a Ledger or a Fund causes an error: "Funds associated with this ledger have transactions, you must delete them before proceeding."
The Ledger and Funds need to be without transactions, and inactive. The steps are:
- Find the Ledger or Fund and click "Delete" action button
- If the fund (or funds associated with the ledger) has no associated transactions, encumbrances, or expenditures, it is deleted. If a Ledger is deleted, all the funds associated with the ledger are also deleted.
- Sometimes it is not possible to delete the Fund or Ledger from the brief results page. In this case - Edit the ledger or fund and select Delete.
- Or, use the "Rollover Ledgers" job to apply the Delete action on this specific Ledger and Fiscal Period.
- If Allocations exist - these need to be deleted.
- Should the "Transactions" tab not be visible - activate the Fund (may need first to activate the Ledger), delete the Allocation(s), deactivate the Fund and delete it.
- If Encumbrances exist - the PO Lines need to be edited, and the Fund to be removed. The job "Update PO Lines Transactions" can be used for batch updates based on a PO Line Set. Click here to learn more.
- If Expenditures exist - this is a more complex situation, contact support for analysis.
See also Deleting Funds and Ledgers in the Online Help
- Article last edited: 17-JULY-2021