- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Alma
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Some Holding records 852 field has nothing in $i (for example, the contents of the sub-field are part of $h; the delimiter itself is gone). May be further to cleanup, migration, or a job.
How to fix the 852 field?
Test first by an individual change, in the Metadata Editor:
1. Edit the Holding MMS ID
2. Click: Tools > MARC21 Holdings > Update from Bibliographic (Alt+U).
The holding record call number information is copied from the bib.
To fix records in batch, use this process:
1. Create a set (e.g. Physical Items, or Physical Titles)
2. Run a Job > Information Update > Change Holding Information > Pick a set (e.g. Physical Items, or Physical Titles) > Click: Update call number from Bibliographic record
The call number which will update from the bibliographic record is defined in:
Resource Configuration Menu > Call Number Mapping
For example, the mapping table can use the following rule to map the information:
- For the 0 indicator, replaces the h and i subfields with the content of the bibliographic record’s 090 a and b subfields (respectively). If there is no 090 field in the bibliographic record, the 050 a and b subfields are used instead.
Category: Resource Management