- Product: Alma
Portfolios were loaded as Standalone as part of P2E data migration. They have no Electronic Collection assigned to them.
Is it possible to group the portfolios and delete the records in bulk?
It is possible to create a set of the standalone portfolios, group into a Local Electronic Collection, and delete with a vendor's *.mrc input file.
 CREATE A LOCAL ELECTRONIC COLLECTION (or find your Local Electronic Collection)
Click: Alma > Add Local Electronic Collection
 CREATE A SET FOR YOUR LOCAL PORTFOLIOS
This is done from the Repository Search.
For example, if you have this field in the bib record:
856 40 |u http://libproxy.abc.edu/login?url=ht....asp?ID=381012 |z Connect to MyiLibrary resource
You can search for all these "standalone" portfolios by looking for "Electronic location and note" in an All Titles search.
 COLLECT THE LOCAL PORTFOLIOS
1. Search for the above Local Collection
2. Click: Edit Service
3. In the "Portfolios" tab > click: "Add from set"
* "Add from set" will MOVE the portfolios to your Collection.
* "Add Local Portfolio" will ADD this Collection to the portfolio. You will have two full-text services.
 DELETE THE LOCAL PORTFOLIO with your *.mrc file, USING REPOSITORY PROFILE
1. The input file contains LDR position 5 = d
2. The Repository Import Profile has -
* "Allow bibliographic record deletion" checked in the "Match Profile" tab
* "Delete/deactivate portfolios" checked in the "Inventory Information" tab
* "Portfolio type" is "Part of an electronic collection" (same tab)
* Find the Collection (right below the above parameter)
3. Load the file using the Repository Profile
Online Help Links:
- Search on Electronic Location and Note:
- Adding a Set of Standalone Local Portfolios to a Local Electronic Collection
- Delete/deactivate portfolios, and, Allow bibliographic record deletion:
- Adding, Updating, or Removing Portfolio Information in Bulk Using an Excel File
- Linking a Local Electronic Collection to the Community Zone
- Article last edited: 29-DEC-2017