- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Desired Outcome Goal:
Portfolios were loaded as Standalone as part of P2E data migration. They have no Electronic Collection assigned to them.
Is it possible to group the portfolios and delete the records in bulk?
It is possible to create a set of the standalone portfolios, group into a Local Electronic Collection, and delete with a vendor's *.mrc input file.
 CREATE A LOCAL ELECTRONIC COLLECTION
1. Click: Alma > Add Local Electronic Collection
 CREATE A SET FOR YOUR LOCAL PORTFOLIOS
1. This is done from the Repository Search
 COLLECT THE LOCAL PORTFOLIOS
1. Search for the above Local Collection
2. Click: Edit Service
3. In the "Portfolios" tab > click: "Add from set"
* "Add from set" will MOVE the portfolios to your Collection.
* "Add Local Portfolio" will ADD this Collection to the portfolio. You will have two full-text services.
 DELETE THE LOCAL PORTFOLIO USING REPOSITORY PROFILE
1. The input file contains LDR position 5 = d
2. The Repository Import Profile has -
* "Allow bibliographic record deletion" checked in the "Match Profile" tab
* "Delete/deactivate portfolios" checked in the "Inventory Information" tab
* "Portfolio type" is "Part of an electronic collection" (same tab)
* Find the Collection (right below the above parameter)
3. Load the file using the Repository Profile
Category: Resource Management - Alma
Subject: Import/Loading - Alma
- Article last edited: 8/16/2014