- Product: Alma
What are the steps of composing and implementing a NR?
- Go to: Resources > Cataloging > Open Metadata Editor > File > New > Normalization Rule
- To work with an existing normalization rule: Resources > Cataloging > Open Metadata Editor, select the Rules tab and expand the Normalization rules folder to display the saved rule files.Compose a rule with the help of the examples document titled 'Rules - Normalization rule examples.docx' at: Presentations and Documents - Rules. Also see Normalization Rule Syntax.
- Test the rule on a record by opening the record in MD Editor.
- Go to Edit > Split Editor.
- Edit the desired rule from Rules tab.
- Select Preview to see the effect of the rule on the record.
- 'Apply Changes' or go 'Back to normalization rules.
- Create a Normalization Process: Configuration Menu > Resources > Cataloging > Metadata Configuration. Select one of the profile links such as MARC21 Bibliographic.
- Add Process, and complete the Process Details wizard steps. Add a Task and select the MarcDroolNormalization process from the Process list.
- Run the MARC21 Bib normalization job on a set of titles.
- Article last edited: 05-Feb-2018