Print slip for a request is declared successful, but nothing prints to the printer. How to resolve?
Some printers are sensitive to who is sending the email, and will only accept email originating from an address that is valid according to the SPF associated with the SMTP server sending the email.
The trick to getting the printer to accept print jobs from Alma is to add valid email addresses in the Mail Handling Integration Profile, and the letter itself.
1. Check the Mail Handling setup. Go to: Configuration > General > Integration Profiles > Mail Handling. If it is already configured, go to: Actions (tab) > define the SMTP-EnvelopeFrom address. It can be an administrator's email, system administrator, any valid email. If not yet configured, consider adding this Integration Profile.
2. Check configuration of "addressFrom" in any problematic email. Go to: Configuration General > Letter Emails > inspect the letter. For example, if the issue is with "Ful Resource Request Slip Letter", define the addressFrom address.
To test if the problem is with the printer, change the email to which the slip is sent - to an email such as your institutions' address, Gmail, etc.
The steps are:
1. Go to: Fulfillment Configuration Menu
2. You are configuring: "<select your Library>"
3. Click: Printers
4. Add an email such as your institutional email
5. Go back
6. Click: Circulation Desks
7. Click the Circulation Desk from which the slips are printing, such as: DEFAULT_CIRC_DESK
8. Change the drop-down menu for the Printer, and select the email configured above
9. Save, and again change "You are configuring", now to the Institution level.
10. To test, find the request (e.g. from Monitor Requests & Item Processes), and "Print Slip".
Online Help regarding "Configuring Outgoing Email" integration profile can be found here.
Online Help regarding "Configuring Alma Letters" is found here.
- Article last edited: 1-AUG-2018