- Product: Alma
What causes bibliographic records to be suppressed from search and discovery in Primo?
Records may be suppressed for any of following reasons:
1) Suppressed via the Metadata Editor using: Record Actions > Suppress from Discovery.
2) Records can be suppressed via the Process (Job) "Suppress Bib Records from Discovery".
3) A Normalization Rule that contains the MmsTagSuppressed task can be used in different scenarios in Alma (MD Import, Run a Job). This task can also be added to the "Bib normalize on save" process, to affect all newly created bibs in the system:
- Select Resource Management > Configuration Menu
- Select Metadata Configuration
- Select MARC21 Bibliographic
- Click the "Normalization" tab
- Select one of the rules, e.g. "Marc21 Bib normalize on save" > Actions: Edit
- Check the Task List to see if it contains an active Process that "Sets the Suppressed flag of MMS"
- Verify that the Flag is set to TRUE (there is no default OTB)
4) Suppressed via the MD Import profile from Set Management tab > Suppress record/s from publish/delivery.
5) When the customer parameter suppressBibWithSuppressedHol is set to "true" (Configuring Other Settings (Resource Management)):
- Upon item's deletion, when the bib has no other holdings and items - the bib will be suppressed (as if it went through one of the other processes above).
- Upon publishing to Primo, when the P bib's holdings and items were removed from publishing due to different suppression options - the bib will be published as deleted, though it will not be marked in Alma as suppressed.
In the Network publishing to Primo: the NZ record will be published as new/updated, but without the specific member's holdings information (i.e. the AVA field of the specific member will not be included in the NZ publishing product file).
If you work in a network environment and your records are published from the network zone, remember to also define the suppressing in the network environment. The SuppressBibWithSuppressedHol parameter does not work in a network environment, here you need to use one of the other four methods.
- Article last edited: 17-Jun-2020