- Product: Alma
What causes bibliographic records to be suppressed from search and discovery in Primo?
Records may be suppressed for any of following reasons:
1) Suppressed via the MetaData Editor using: Tools > Set Management Tags > Suppress from Discovery.
2) Records can be suppressed via the Process (Job) "Suppress Bib Records from Discovery".
3) A Normalization Rule that suppresses records may be included in an Import Profile:
- Select Resource Management > Configuration Menu
- Select Metadata Configuration
- Select MARC21 Bibliographic
- Click the "Normalization" tab
- Select one of the rules, e.g. "Marc21 Bib normalize on save" > Actions: Edit
- Check the Task List to see if it contains an active Process that "Sets the Suppressed flag of MMS"
- Verify that the Flag is set to TRUE (the default is FALSE, no suppression)
4) When the record is added via the menu Create inventory > Add physical item” > Holding type is “new” -- the record will be suppressed.
5) Record has no holdings or they are all suppressed, and suppressBibWithSuppressedHol is set to "true" (Configuring Other Settings (Resource Management)). Note: Currently (September 2018) the "suppressBibWithSuppressedHol" parameter will cause suppressing the BIB only if the HOL was suppressed as a result of an item deletion.
- Article last edited: 24-SEP-2018