- Product: Alma
- Product Version: July 2016
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How do I set up Alma to work with Bibliotheca check out pads (Bibliotheca Smartstation Manager)?
1. Install stunnel on the PC where the Bibliotheca SmartSation Manager software is installed. See Stunnel on the Developer Network for detailed information about installation.
2. Edit the stunnel.conf file to include the following:
ALMA - SIP]
key = client.pem
cert = client.pem
client = yes
accept = 5001
connect = [environment_code (for example eu02)].alma.exlibrisgroup.com:6443"
TIMEOUTclose = 0
TIMEOUTconnect = 200
TIMEOUTidle = 86400
3. Set up a self-check integration profile in Alma and apply it to a circulation desk. See Self-Check Machines
4. Download the certificate from the self-check profile in Alma and put the file (client.pem) in the directory where stunnel lives (C:\Program Files\stunnel\ by default) on the PC where the Bibliotheca software is installed.
5. Configure SmartStation Manager to communicate from host 127.0.0.1:5001 (Admin Settings>>SIP)
6. Configure SmartStation Manager to paste barcodes into Alma. In Admin Settings>>Direct Reader 2, set up the following
Check IN rules and Check OUT rules for "Patron Services"
Use NON-CUSTOM, multi mode rule below for queue pausing for "Item Blocks and Information"
7. (Optional) Configure hotkeys in Bibliotheca to turn security on and turn security off.
In Admin Settings>>Direct Reader, set Default Action to "Custom"
In Admin Settings>>Direct Reader 3, set "Use Key Detect for CUSTOM security On/Off to the desired ASCII code for each key (ex. 120 for F9 and 121 for F10)
- Article last edited: 5-Aug-2019