The simple Record View page opens when you click a resource title link from the repository search results (see Searching in the Repository).
Resource Link in the Search Results
In addition, for electronic collections that have bibliographic information identified in the Additional descriptive information field (stored in the Additional Information tab of the Electronic Collection Editor), you can click the Resource description link to access the simple Record View page after clicking the resource link from the search results.
Electronic Collection Resource Link
Additional Descriptive Information
Electronic Collection Resource Description Link
The simple Record View page displays a read-only view of bibliographic, holdings, or authority records with their fields and subfields.
Simple Record View Page
In addition to the fields, subfields, and their related content, the following information about the resource is summarized at the top of the simple Record View page:
- Title – The title of the resource.
- MMS ID – The Alma internal ID for the record.
- Originating system – The source of the record.
- Originating system ID – The ID of the record as created in the originating system.
- Originating system version – The date and time pulled from the 005 field when the record is imported or the date and time specified for this field in a normalization process. See the description of Do not override/merge record with an older version for more information.
- Suppress from publishing – Whether the record has been suppressed from publishing (Yes or No).
- Export to WorldCat – Whether the record has been flagged for export to WorldCat.
- Brief level – Displays the level of the record (a value from 01 through 10)
- Record format – Identifies the standard format used to create the record from one of the following formats that can be activated in the Active Registry by Ex Libris: MARC 21, UNIMARC, KORMARC, CNMARC, or Dublin Core. (The available record formats are dependent on the registries that you had Ex Libris activate for your system.)
- Vocabulary – The record's local vocabulary. This appears when viewing an authority record.
From the simple Record View page, the following actions can be performed:
- Return to the search results page - Click Back.
- Open the record in the MD Editor - Click Edit. See Opening the Metadata Editor. Also see Working with Bibliographic Records and Working with Authority Records,
- Copy the record to an Excel file - Click Tools.
- Make a local copy of a record - Click Copy. This option is available from an All titles or Authority search in the Community tab. In a collaborative network implementing a Network Zone, you can also copy the record to the Network Zone by clicking Copy to Network; see Managing Records in a Network Zone.
- Link the record to the local institution - Click Link. This option is available from an All titles search in the Community tab. For more information, see Linking a Local Electronic Collection to the Community Zone and Linking a Local Portfolio that is part of a Community Zone-Linked Collection to the Community Zone.