To configure a linked data integration profile, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
Linked Data is a set of best practices for publishing and connecting structured data on the Web. Alma implements a RESTful API that exposes linked data in JSON-LD format. For configuring a linked data integration profile, see below.
This API works only on production environments and not on sandbox environments.
- For implementation information, see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/linked_data in the Ex Libris Developer Network.
- For information regarding linked data accessed from the Repository Search results, see Linked Data from the Repository Search Results.
- For information regarding linked data accessed from the MD Editor Linked Data tab, see Using Linked Data While Working with Bibliographic Records.
To configure the linked data integration profile for your institution:
- On the Integration Profile List page (), select Add Integration Profile. Page 1 of the External System Wizard appears.
- Enter a unique code for the new integration type.
- Enter a unique name for the new integration type.
- Select Linked Data for Integration Type.
- Select Next. Page 2 of the wizard appears.
Configuring a Linked Data Profile (Page 2)
- On page 2 of the wizard, specify the following fields:
- Active - Select to enable the profile.
- Alternative Context URL – Leave empty to use the default context, https://open-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/contexts/bib. If you want to use a different context object, enter its URL here. The @context field of the JSON-LD will refer to this context object.
- Select Save.