For information regarding the Springer job report, see Upload Electronic Holdings - Springer.
Scheduled job information is provided in the Scheduled Jobs table (see Upload electronic holdings - SPRINGER).
For more information, see the E Resources - Upload Electronic Holdings from Springer presentation (a .pptx file).
Springer does not include earlier titles in this collection at the bibliographic record level, only current titles. Full coverage is included in the holdings information for the current title.
Creating the Springer Integration Profile
- Obtain an institution token from Springer.
- Confirm that the Springer electronic collections for which you are updating holdings are active collections in Alma. See Activating the Springer Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone for more information.
On the Integration Profile List page (Configuration Menu > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles) select Add Integration Profile to open the External System wizard for configuring an integration profile.
- For the Integration Type parameter, select Upload Electronic Holdings.
- For the Provider parameter, select Springer.
- Add a description (optional) and select Next.
- Complete the Upload Electronic Holdings configuration section using the information in the table below.
Upload Electronic Holdings Section Parameter Description
Select Active to make this an active profile. The default setting is Inactive.
Institution token id
Enter the institution token ID that you obtained from Springer.
Select the KBART file format.
Use this parameter to select one or more groups from the list of multi-campus options in the drop-down list. This parameter is optional, so you may also choose to leave it blank.
The Group parameter appears when you have the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true.
With the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true, you can have multiple Springer integration profiles. When you have obtained multiple Springer token IDs from Springer, you may want to create multiple integration profiles using that identification information.
Note that when you have more than one active Springer integration profile with one or more multi-campus selections made for the Group parameter, any additional active Springer integration profiles must have one or more multi-campus selections made. In this situation, the Group parameter may no longer be left blank.
When the Springer integration profile job is run and multi-campus group information is configured, the multi-campus group information appears in the job report.
ScheduleSelect the scheduling option that you prefer to have the integration profile job run automatically.When you have the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true, and multiple Springer integration profiles, the first scheduling option that you select and save applies to all the subsequent, active Springer integration profiles that you create. Note that when the scheduled job begins to run, all of the Springer integration profiles that are set to Active are handled together by the job run. Any Springer integration profiles set to Inactive are not handled as part of the scheduled job run.
Save the profile using one of the following options:
When you press Save and Run Now in a specific Springer integration profile, all of the Springer integration profiles that are set to Active are run as part of the job request. Any Springer integration profiles set to Inactive are not run as part of selecting Save and Run Now. Selecting Save and Run Now from an Inactive integration profile does not run the job for that integration profile or any other Springer integration profiles set to Inactive, but will run only for the Active profiles.This behavior of Save and Run Now is different from other integration profiles where selecting Save and Run Now runs the job request for integration profiles set to Inactive. This is a known issue. In order to have a Springer integration profile run, it needs to be set to Active.A message error "Electronic collection for update does not exist ..." appears if you activated only one of the Springer Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone. You can either ignore this error message or activate the remaining Springer collections and run the job again.
- Select Save. The integration profile is scheduled and appears in the list of scheduled jobs (see Viewing All Scheduled Jobs).
- Select Save and Run Now. This saves your profile settings and immediately queues the upload to run. The Save and Run Now button also appears on the Actions tab when you edit the profile. Note that when you edit your saved profile, the button appears as Run Now, and you can choose to manually run the upload job.
Activating the Springer Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone
- SpringerLink Journals - AutoHoldings (Community Zone Collection ID = 613860000000000884)
- SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings (Community Zone Collection ID = 613860000000000883)
If you wish to use the upload electronic holdings only for books or only for journals then only activate the relevant collection (SpringerLink Journals - AutoHoldings, SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings).
Preserving Previous Springer Acquisition Details
- Create a set of the content type electronic collections that includes the previous collections in which you managed the Springer titles.
- Open the Run a Job - Select Job to Run page (Admin > Manage Jobs and Sets > Run a Job), and search for the Move electronic portfolio information job.
- Select the Move electronic portfolio information job and select Next.
- Select the set that you created above and select Next.
- For the Target electronic collection, select the collection SpringerLink Journals - AutoHoldings or SpringerLink Books – AutoHoldings.
- Select the Move PO lines and Move licenses options and complete the required information as needed.
- Select Next and review/confirm the job summary information.
- Select Submit.